Delta Gamma was founded in 1873 in Oxford, Mississippi, at the Lewis School for Girls near the University of Mississippi by Anna Boyd, Mary Comfort, and Eva Webb. The early growth for Delta Gamma was confined to Women’s colleges in the South. Within a few years, Delta Gamma prospered across the United States. What began, as a club in the South soon became an international fraternity in both scope and thinking as Delta Gamma established itself not only in the United States, but also in Canada. Delta Gamma is among the oldest of women’s fraternities. Since its founding Delta Gamma has nurtured a fraternal pride which ensures the strength and progress of the Fraternity for the present generation of members and for those to come.
Colors: Bronze, Pink, and Blue
Flower: Cream Colored Rose
Open Motto: “Do Good”
Philanthropy: Service for Sight